Friday, July 13, 2012

Fight with mom..bad bad!!!

So, today was really bad..When I woke up in the morning, Mom came with a heap of clothes ,that was left for drying, whining, "Look, I'm doing the jobs that was supposed to be yours..".. The reality was I was going to take those clothes from the hanger ..I was pretty hurt at the comment.. Sulkily, I went to collect the newspaper without a word .. She called me from the behind and asked me to come for prayer.. I obeyed although, my mood didn't light up even then.. (Silly fight.. I know.. But my mind was not prepared to digest a scolding at that moment)... Gone, was my day!


After a counselling session for my mind by myself, I was back to the mood.. Then, I remembered about the spot admission in NUALS (National Law College), which Benthara, my friend, informed me ..I conveyed it to mom and she immediately, asked me to browse about it..I was not at all interested.. Afterall, I'm going to repeat the entrance exam next year, then why should I think about joining in NUALS right now? Just a Waste of Money..


 I started browsing about it and Mom joined me shortly.. Everything was fine until we saw that in NUALS, candidates, who secured lower ranks than me, got admission , but my name was not listed.. DAMN IT!  It bothered me but I was confident of cracking the entrance exam, next year.. So, I was not very anxious but my mom was.. She was very annoyed with "my discouraging attitude ".. The frustration resulted in a silent fight.. Mom shouted, "Can you get out of the seat..?.. I will search the rest..God! how can a person be so pessimistic?.. What a devil am I bringing up?..Just go away, okay?..If possible move out of the house..".. I moved out of the seat, but surprisingly, none of those words hurt me, as it should have.. I knew my mom was right..


In the afternoon, mom decided to go to NUALS and inquire about the mistake they made.. We both got dressed up  and when it came to choosing my shoes, I selected a will-not-be-lasting-for-long Shoes.. I thought it was a casual occasion.. Why should I worry about the condition of my shoes?.. It was looking good from outside...Nonetheless, Mom forestalled me right away, "Do you think it would make it to NUALS..".. "I guess so", I replied unconcernedly..




Mom was right! DANG IT!! When we reached the bus stop itself, its sole came off"... Mom was really ill and adding to that, when she saw this, she was totally irritated.. She asked me to go and change my shoes annoyingly.. I raced back home and wore another casual sandals (which was technically Mom's but thats all I could get.. The rest were  stilletos.. Stilletos for a casual outing?..It didn't digest for me... )..

 When she saw me in her Casual shoes, she was really mad.. "Why don't you care about your dressing?.. Why do you dress like this?.. I am going, okay? Change your clothes and meet me at the High-Court junction (our destination)", she said furiously.. I didn't say a word but I was really really hurt.. I went back home and cried and cursed for a long time.. For the first time I called my mom in my thoughts, " You Woman!".. Forgive me my lord, please!!!!... I said to myself, "I'm moving out of the house.. I won't stay here.. I hate mom"....

I'm really sorry.. I shouldn't have said that...I changed my dress and, of course , stepped into a formal shoes  to meet her..When I reached High-Court Junction, I saw my mom rushing to me with her hands open.. She hugged me and kissed me as if I was a 5 year old gal.. She apologized to me for being angry and bought me, my favourite, Soda Lime..My sweet mom was back after a long interval..


 We didn't go to NUALS but went for a small shopping and after that mom went to her clinic and I went back to my home with a big smile on my face ..All My sadness was Gone with the Wind......

No comments:

Post a Comment