Tuesday, February 5, 2013

When inflation hits the economy

 Another poem of mine that Got rejected by Reading Hour Magazine.. But I'm not disappointed because when I put this poem on poetry.com website, I got wonderful reviews.. http://www.poetry.com/poems/651514-When-Inflation-hits-the-economy

Here, take a look at my Poem...When inflation hits the Economy

I  looked  at  the  pile  
in  my  desk. Proliferating-
on  every  procrastinated  week.
Yet, I  said  to  my  mom,
“I’m  tired”, and  went  back  to  sleep.
The  last  shrink,  I  saw,
called  my  sleep, which  continued
from  dawn  to  dusk  and  back  to  dawn,
as  “Symptoms  of  Depression ”
But  what  does  he  know-
about  my  mental  economy?
Right  Now, the  economy  going  through-
“Inflation  2012.”
The  Inflation, where-
demands  and  dreams  swells  up-
the  heart  but  Gains or GDP
remains  an  all  time  low.
Thus,  my  inflated  economy,
Seeing  the  tattered  hopes
dashed  dreams
and   the  barren  future,
tired  of  the  competition
and  unending  stresses,
Chose  to  Sleep  Away
forever  and  ever.Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment