Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Oooooo.... ..Onam ..Onam .. My Onam.....

I know, I know , I know

                                          I haven't even cared to tilt my head and look how pathetic my blog has become?.. Hardly, any posts.. I'm sorry.. I was busy..

The last week of August saw the coming of my favourite Onam.. Onam is the festival of Kerala.. I'm not going to delineate on what onam is but I should mention here that this was the Best Onam I ever had.. This was the first time I wore garlands of jasmine flowers in my hair...  Oh my god! it was so wonderful.. Though I should admit that the hairpins desperately clinging to the hair roots to keep the long, heavy garland in place is painful... Nonetheless,I looked special and felt special.. This year's  Onam saw me in a keralite culture from head to toe.. I hope Maveli would be happy..

Here are some photos that I took after getting home ..
The flower garland that I pinned in my hair...


the photo obviously don't so perfect.. But bear with me guys..
Coz this was all I could get with my one hand locked in the
Camera 




There was even more surprises to come.. I had went to my ancestral house on 28th August , the day of Onam.. When I got out of my car, I was completely taken by surprise to see a beautiful Onam Pookalam { or Flower Rangoli- which is the flower decorations made in the front of the house as part of the Onam celebrations}  in the front of the house.. I was sure that none of my cousins hadn't reached home by then. If so, Who did it?.. It was my uncle.. Mani Uncle made it.. Jesus! it was so beautiful.. I think you should see the photo.. I simply loved it....

.

 We all had beautiful lunch and by evening , me and my mom said goodbye to a wonderful day...



Bye Grandpa... Bye Granny.. Bye Onam

By the way, I didn't say what made my onam special.. It was everything.. Dressing up as a beautiful Keralite Lady, a peaceful journey, an enthusiastic welcome by family, and  lively gossip ,of course..{buhahaha...:D} Mom and me missed my grandparents a lot for a few days..I don't know what made it special..  But there was something. and  I Loved that something

1 comment:

  1. HApppppy OOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooonam...................

    ReplyDelete